If you’re suffering from erectile dysfunction, it’s important to know that you’re not alone. In fact, more than 18 million men in the U.S. over the age of 20 suffer from erectile dysfunction. When broken down, studies show that 25% of men between the ages of 40 to 70 suffer from moderate to severe erectile dysfunction, while 15% have milder forms.
But with so many men suffering from this condition, it’s hard not to wonder the causes of ED in men. While the speculated causes of ED range from psychological to physiological, ED is a complicated disorder that can cause a great deal of emotional strife for a man and can even put a strain on his relationships.
However, your erectile dysfunction does not have to rule your life. With these simple tips, you can work to effectively prevent or eliminate ED from your life:
One of the best ways to prevent erectile dysfunction is to get as healthy as you can, which may even work as a means of holistic erectile dysfunction treatment options. This involves seven main principles:
- Lose weight: If you are overweight, the excess weight is likely putting a strain on your cardiovascular system, making it difficult for you to become fully erect.
- Quit smoking: This is a big one. Smoking affects the blood flow and neuro-signals that normally ensure that blood is correctly flowing into the penis.
- Lessen Alcohol Consumption: Keep your alcohol consumption to no more than two drinks per day. If you can help it, try drinking even less.
- Maintain a balanced diet: Eating a healthy diet will promote a healthy body composition and good bloodflow. Additionally, poor diets can cause conditions such as diabetes, and studies show that individuals with diabetes show signs of erectile dysfunction 15 years earlier than those who do not have diabetes.
- Exercise: Exercising regularly will help to keep your body healthy and keep your blood pumping. It also works as a natural stress reliever and cure for sleeping issues.
For the most part, blood vessel deterioration is one of the main culprits of erectile dysfunction. That being said, making sure your blood vessels are in good shape is imperative. Of course, if these methods do not suffice, never hesitate to seek the help of a professional.